About Soroptimist International of Humboldt Bay
Soroptimist International of Humboldt Bay is an organization of women that help other women and girls. Our local club serves our community through hands on projects and awards for women and girls. These awards include recognition to local women who have made a difference in their professional, business, or volunteer work in helping women and girls, and provides scholarships and grants to both women and girls who are working to educate themselves and need assistance.
Meetings are held on the first, third and fourth Thursday at 7am at the Cafe Nooner Too 2910 E Street, Henderson Center, Eureka. Join us for breakfast! Guest are welcome.
As a volunteer organization of business and professional women we feel uniquely qualified to help women and girls live their dreams and our events raise money to support these programs.
Our fundraising events and programs this past year have included:
- Safe Haven/Redwood Teen Challenge Women’s Center Projects: Includes hands-on projects with children and moms living in a safe house for battered women and helping women that are rehabilitating from destructive and abusive lifestyles at a women’s center.
- Backpack Buddy Program: Working with other service organizations and Food for People to ensure that school age children have weekend meals.
- Girls of the Month: Recognizes outstanding achievements by exceptional senior girls from high schools within the Eureka area.
- Club Giving Campaign: $5,500 to be given on awards night. Community Donations over $4,000. Donations for national and international projects over $2,500.
- “High Heels for Healing”:Spring fundraiser to promote awareness of women’s issues with the help of prominent men in the community who will “walk” in women’s high heel shoes
- Birthday Donations: Celebrations to honor the Club Member’s Birthdays each month. Members choose a local nonprofit to donate too.
TEEN CHALLENGE LADIES DECORATE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
To join Soroptimist International of Humboldt Bay contact any member or stop by one of our meetings - you will be welcome!